Wednesday 14 March 2018

An Introduction




Welcome to my blog from Shipley Hall Cricket Club situated in Heanor Derbyshire. The club was founded in 1899 and is situated within a Country Park. These are some musings from a cricket nut who has been with the club for over 50 years. Pease be aware that nothing in these posts represents the official views or policy of the club

When I arrived in 1962 it was not quite as grand as it is now but I felt at home and enjoyed many years of wonderful cricket



As Player, Captain, Umpire, Groundsman, Secretary, Treasurer and Chairman I suppose I have a full house but there are many like me in amateur cricket. Where would the game be without the dedicated helpers?

Lots of history of course but read on and FOLLOW the musing


No comments:

Post a Comment