Monday 9 April 2018

US Masters

Well I'm glad its over for Another year but it does make compulsive viewing and the course is something else

                       

For McIlroy a chance of the grand slam gone with a 4th round in which he just lost it. I don't know anything about the technicalities of golf but his mental ability to concentrate appeared to disappear and he suddenly started to rush his shots.

However these fine sportspeople  amaze me with their ability to drive over 300 yds, hit an iron around 220, and then play delicate putts. The practice and dedication  put in to achieve this can only be imagined and admired.

Although they tell me that the golf and cricket swings do not help each other I am certain that the mental toughness and practice regimes of these internationals is something that cricketers should aspire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment